SPORT DEVELOPPEMENT PERFORMANCE ORGANISATION (SDPO)
A BIT OF HISTORY
SDPO is the story of a runner Marathonian Jean Claude Le Cornec who, at the top (and end) of his career, decided to share (as organizer) to the sports world its own passion. But disappointed by the purely sporting his own path (running through the world without discovering) he decided to propose to the runners and walkers covering various of their talents in combining Sport and Culture.
SDPO starts the adventure sport for the first time in August 1996 with the aftermath of
Les Foulees de la Soie (first raid in China) and their extension, support the Beijing Marathon. Then over time, enthusiasm and loyalty of successive participants have to share other destinations characterized by their history and their particularities: all in natural settings unpublished since SDPO grant recognition to all its race trails and the structure ensuring maximum has avoided the usual route.
SDPO offers runners and walkers, men and women (50% of women in our programs) the opportunity to practice their favorite sport (running or hiking) around the world in countries or regions characterized by their history.
To each one his approach to appropriate and to outline his program to map according to its category, its level and its desires: Marathon, Sunday Jogging, hiking, pleasure-discoveries, Sporting and cultural getaways: win or contemplate, pugnacity or carelessness, to each his adventure, and this diversity is wealth, the atypical and highly federative dimension of adventure.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS OF SPORTS AND THE RUNNER WALKER ARE NOT NECESSARILY THE SAME FOR ALL:
– The rider of high-level competitions for seasoned local, national and international, in search of a podium alongside the jogger Sunday morning sporting with a more modest ambition.
– Walker inspired by a marathon pace, confirms its physical form, he is logically living competitively with the hope of recognition and a podium. Others prefer to stick to the discovery of “Mother Nature”.
BUT ALL WILL BE HUNGRY FOR DISCOVERIES AND WISH TO COMBINE BOTH ALL THE FUN OF PHYSICAL EFFORT AND THAT OF THE NATURAL CURIOSITY:
– – You decline with us curious and active tourism and sport combining subtile discovery of a country and its people.
– Browsing the morning at your own pace distances differentiated according to your category (15 to 20 km for the race / 8 to 10 kilometers for hiking)
and satisfy your curiosity, the cultural afternoon. Runners and walkers will cross throughout the adventure..
– You can practice your favorite sport in its idyllic setting with a festive day
– You can also start a sports evolutionary process.
– You will benefit from professional support on site with the highest quality, which you will consolidate the gains in return.
– You will measure and sporting many nationalities: German, English, Americans, Belgians, Canadians, Colombians, Spaniards, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Luxembourgish, Portuguese, Swiss, Moroccans, Tunisians.
– You will discover and come as close as the local people and will be moved by the warmth and richness of the meetings of the Exchange.
These will encourage you along the paths of the most isolated villages, and trails of the steepest mountains, and even participate in many of them (notably China) in the race.
This unique mix makes all the atypical and the wealth of programs SDPO.